FASRI's curriculum offers integrated enrichment programs which encourage leadership skills and socialization and enhance our students' educational experience. These programs take place during the school day and are designed to help develop self-control, coordination, and physical strength. The students discover the satisfaction of problem-solving with their peers and increase their confidence and self-esteem.
Enrichment programs for the school year include:
- Pre-School through Kindergarten: swimming and field trips
- Elementary and Middle School (varies by grade): Ice skating, sailing, swimming, cycling, athletic meets with neighboring French schools.
- Middle School team sports sports programs offered in cooperation with the Providence Country Day School and physical education, and additional team options through the Fox Point Boys and Girls Club
At FASRI, we believe in taking full advantage of our local and broader community to enrich our educational program. Students of all ages benefit from field trips throughout the school year. Field trips are an integral part of the curriculum and are mandatory. Field trip costs are additional to tuition.
Examples of field trips:
- The East Side Fire Department
- RISD Museum of Art
- Performances at Festival Ballet
- Local farms and orchards
- A "Night at the Museum" trip to Boston (overnight)
- W. Alton Jones environmental education (overnight)
- Class trips to Philadelphia, Québec, and Washington, D.C. (overnight)