October Camp 2023
Tuesday, October 10 – Friday, October 13, 2023
Our accreditation by the French ministry of education means that we adapt our calendar to the French standards. La Toussaint in France, or what we call "October Break" in Providence, happens in French schools around the world. Historically it was observed as a religious holiday, but is maintained by French schools to ensure that students have regular breaks throughout the academic year. Our October campers get to enjoy peaceful french outdoor activities and also getting ready for Halloween with craft activities.
Weekly rate: $300 full week.
Typically students enjoyed crafts like making scarecrows with hay, Halloween spoons with Frankenstein, spooky ghosts, fall drawings, and carved pumpkins. Campers also go on area outings like games at the park.
GENERAL OCTOBER CAMP DETAILS:
- Camp counselors come from FASRI's team of teaching assistants and afterschool staff
- Camp Schedule: 8:30AM - 3:30PM, TUE - FRI.
- Campers must bring their lunch & snack each day.
- Campers must be fully potty-trained.
- Daily Nap & Quiet Time at mid-day for younger campers.
- Full week: $300.
- Registration deadline: October, 6th.
WHAT TO BRING / WEAR (please label all belongings)
- Daily Lunch (no nuts, please) and a drink
- A water bottle.
- A full change of clothes (including underwear, socks & shoes)
- A blanket & pillow (Pre-School and Pre-K)
- Any allergy medication (epi-pen, inhaler, etc.) if needed