Some of the activities supported by the PA are:
• Summer Park Play dates for New Families
• the annual Fall Family Picnic at Colt State Park
• Park Cleanups at Brassil Memorial Park in both the fall and spring
• the end of year faculty appreciation luncheon in May
• family fun events such as Movie Night throughout the year
• community events such as food and coat drives
• helping with the Admissions Open Houses
To contact the PA, please email FASRIPA@gmail.com
The PA hosts bi-monthly Café Days (early morning bake sales) to raise funds to support the above-mentioned activities. For more information on how to become involved, please contact the PA at fasriPA@gmail.com.
Our families raise money each year for our school through the Easy Money program. We need your ongoing participation. Easy Money envelopes are located in the main office and outside each Maternelle classroom.
Stop&Shop donates a percentage of purchases made to our school through their A+ Rewards program, but you must register each year for FASRI to receive credit. Register your card on their website or add your card number to the Stop&Shop registration sheet in the main office and we'll do it for you.
Boxtops for Education program sends a check to the school equal to the number of coupons collected and they add up fast. Clip Box Tops coupons from any of the hundreds of products listed, and drop them in an Easy Money envelope.
Eastside Marketplace Friendship Fund donates 1% of the value of collected receipts to the school. Keep your Eastside receipts and drop them in the Easy Money envelope. Remember, no receipt is too old or too crumpled!
Amazon Smile: when shopping on Amazon, use the http://smile.amazon.com link and choose French American School of Rhode Island as your charity - 0.5% of most purchases will be donated to our school!
All parents at the French American School are members of the Parent Association (PA).
Its goals are to:
• Enrich the quality of each student's experience by encouraging the involvement of parents in the School's programs and activities
• Support the French American School in its educational, social and nurturing roles
Support effective communication among the school community, its administration, its faculty, its alumnae, and its parent body
• Build the family community and to reach out to the wider community in Providence and beyond
The PA has an Executive Committee and class representatives (Class Parents) who provide direct support for each class and its teachers. Bi-monthly meetings are held at the school and all parents are welcome to attend.