After the years of evolution since its founding in 1994, the French-American School of Rhode Island is now entering a phase of consolidation. The Middle School foundation has been built, the anticipated growth is reaching its peak, and FASRI is taking its first steps into adulthood. As a result, this fifth strategic plan (FY11-13) considers the School's strengths, weaknesses and goals within a 21st Century educational context.
The Board and management of the School undertook a six-month process to create a new strategic plan. In February 2010, a retreat regrouped trustees, management, teachers, parents and community members who brainstormed about the School's future through an analysis of relevant data, context and trends. Small groups discussed the strengths and weaknesses of the School, and all participants shared their visions for the School's future.
After the retreat, a small group of trustees and the School's management team distilled the themes of the retreat into six key directions that will be implemented over the next three years:
- Enhance the program through increased harmonization of the French and American curricula, greater emphasis on arts and creativity across the disciplines, successful completion of the NEASC accreditation process, and competing with the standards of excellence of the most reputable independent schools in the community
- Create and implement a technology plan that advances the School at all levels (integrated into the curriculum as well as the infrastructure)
- Ensure effective school leadership and long-term sustainability
- Reinforce a sense of community across constituencies through marketing and an emphasis on the spirit of philanthropy (creation of a Marketing and Communication Plan)
- Maintain financial sustainability
- Improve upon the physical plant according to program needs
After three years of implementation, the FY11-13 strategic plan is in its final stages, and we are happy to share our progress with you. Please click on the links above to learn more about our accomplishments and plans for the future.