Who we are
FASRI develops globally connected, responsible and adaptable citizens through an exceptional multi-language program that empowers students to realize their full potential.
Our efforts are guided by a set of values that reflect:
- Partnership—engaging in collaborative relationships in the classroom, within our school, in our community, and with the network of French Schools around the globe to help us provide the best possible experience and opportunities for our students
- Respect—exhibiting respectful behavior in all that we do
- Strength—instilling a global awareness that keeps our minds open and adaptable, promotes excellence, and makes a positive difference in the lives of our students, faculty, staff and the state of Rhode Island, which is our home.
- Diversity—embracing diversity and multi-culturalism that results in an appreciation of different perspectives and points of view
- Curiosity—encouraging critical thinking, innovation, and a love of learning
- Joy—pursuing our work, studies, and relationships with a joyful spirit and optimistic attitude
The French-American School of Rhode Island (FASRI) offers a unique dual-language education for preschool through the eighth grade. Founded in 1994, FASRI is accredited by the Ministere de l'Education Nationale (French Ministry of Education), the Rhode Island Board of Education, and the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).
FASRI offers the best of both worlds; adhering to the rigorous requirements of the French government and the highest standards of American independent schools. We belong to a worldwide network of French schools (AEFE) that has been in existence for over a century. Of the 488 member schools in major world cities, 44 are located in North America and have produced thousands of alumni who are now CEOs, political leaders, artists and innovators of all disciplines.
Many of our students enter the school with no French at all. As they learn a new language and culture, they build greater awareness and curiosity, becoming more open to the world and the differences within it. The FASRI community is richly diverse with families that hail from every continent and over 130 countries. Our families often have multiple nationalities and cultural traditions, and some of our students are trilingual learners. Our team of educators have lived and worked in countries around the globe, such as Qatar, South Africa, France and Vietnam.
Please come and visit us to find out more: we will be delighted to welcome you!
ISARI (Independent School Association of Rhode Island), AFSA (Association of French Schools in America), NAIS (National Association of Independent Schools), ISM (Independent Schools Management) Consortium.
FASRI is formally affiliated with Providence College. Through this affiliation, FASRI provides Providence College students of French with the opportunity of a classroom assistant internship that enhances students' experience, scholarship and teaching beyond university study.
Statement of non-discrimination
The French-American School of Rhode Island is committed as a matter of principle to providing equality and opportunity to all members of the School community. In conformance with federal and State law, the French-American School shall not discriminate against any person because of race/ethnicity, nationality and culture, language and faith, socio-economics, gender and sexual orientation, and physical challenges.